Updated Pages - DIY Projects for the Garden, Worm Test!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cold......so cold.


I cannot believe how damn cold it is outside today. We had about 8 degrees, seemed colder with the wind whipping over the field in front of our house. (sigh) Spring is defiently not coming fast enough...hurry hurry!

I decided to take a very (brisk walk) around my yard, just for sh*** & giggles. Everything is still quietly sleeping, covered in snow. Hard to believe that anything can survive such a deep freeze for months here in Wisconsin. But yet it does. Quite a miracle of nature I think. Mother earth has it in the bag  so to speak.... Still patience is not my virtue when it comes to the seasons.

Only one more month before i start my seeds....(jumping up and down) I can't wait! his year I have to plant just about everything. Last season I didn't plants beans or carrots, because I had so much canned from the previous season, I didn't need anymore. But this season, I need to refresh the pantry, so my garden will be jam packed once again. Here's what I'm growing

Beans, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, radishes, onions, corn, peas, tomatoes, peppers, rosemary, oregano, basil, bay laurel, fennel, also this year I will be growing tobacco....yes, I said it, tobacco...(eye roll) my husbands grand idea, so we'll see how that goes...!

Anyways, some of the stuff I'll be growing, I will be putting in the garden, and other stuff, in containers, to open up the main garden for more potatoes, broccoli, etc. The stuff we eat ALOT of during the winter months.

So....that's my little rant for the day......supposedly there is warmer air moving our way, and then spring fever will hit me hard again!


Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment